Reading (not so) random posts on the Fediverse, I found out about the project Earthstar.
Earthstar is a decentralised, P2P database similar to the SSB protocol, with a big difference : while SSB is append-only, Earthstar allows modifications in the database.
- It authenticates messages through (optional) crypto signatures
- Signed messages can be edited (removed) by their emitter
- encryption of messages is possible, though not mandatory
- partial sync is possible (a node owner can only store the messages from « friends », not the whole DB)
- conflicts are solved through timestamp of the documents (I see how it works for signed docs, not for unsigned docs…)
- a graphQL layer already exists
It seems relatively young, however it can be an inspiration for a naming or comment system over Duniter blockchain.
It seems relevant for a comment system. However, considering use for a naming system, rules must be added such as the unicity of the name.