Vanitygen - technical discussions

-s
I noticed I forgot about that switch and updated my branch sometime yesterday with it.

-x
I added the -x switch since I used getopts for arg parsing. By how it works, it’s straightforward to have a switch for each argument. But I could experiment with it more to try and eliminate that switch.

RE: performance. I noticed your paste was from NaCL not libsodium. I haven’t tried, but NaCL might be faster than libsodium.

And on git.duniter.org, I haven’t received any acknowledgement about it, but it’s okay. It could be cool to have duniter projects outside of duniter.org and github, for the sake of outside presence.

Generating from words takes a lot longer though from what I’ve seen.

Is there a port of libsodium for OpenCL that I’m not aware of? As far as I know, C code cannot always be directly compiled as OpenCL since OpenCL is only a subset of C.

Yes, the thing is that the functionalities of both tools are not exactly the same. Vanitygen was never meant to be a brute force tool since it picks IDs/seeds at random, not in a sequential mode. I haven’t checked how G1force works, though - lack of time these days.

Updated my branch.

-s should work. -x is not needed anymore unless regexfile is specified in the middle of the arguments as opposed to the end.

For some reason, this forum thinks my links to teknik are spam.

Sorry for the delay…

I have approved you and confirmed your email address, be welcome! :wink:

4 Likes