Are there plans/step plan for bootstrapping a non-test version of duniter?

For sure this is not what we are trying to do, to create something “enough to live from it”. Not our point at all.

We create a currency, whose units are created through Universal Dividend. There is no promise of wealth anywhere. I wonder where you have read such thing.

3 Likes

Thanks for clarification. I was probably confused as the article I read mentioned Duniter in one sentence with Grantcoin and I also saw Galuel refering to BIEN etc. in discussions on bitcointalk.
Anyway I do think then a derivative of Duniter could be used for that if it is coupled with a system to guarantee a certain value for the currency. Good thing Duniter is open source and that the first rule of free money is that everybody should have the freedom to choose the money system he uses :wink: (personally I would make that plural, e.g. everybody should have the freedom to choose the money systems he uses). Basic income is where I am coming from and is still my main interest.

To precise cgeek sentence, we do not promise wealth because of the relativity of value that I was speaking earlier. What is “enough to live from ?”. Since this criteria is relative to individuals (I know people who would gladly live in a Yurt whereas I couldn’t even think of it, for example), it will be impossible to decide the amount of such an UBI.

The Universal Dividend takes the problem from the opposite : Because effects have consequences. A money which is issued more easily and at a lower cost by some individuals than others will privilege individuals on others. This will cause big inequalities. So, how could we create money so that no one is disadvantaged ? This is the Universal Dividend.

1 Like

no system, or no individual can guarantee that. They could guarantee, that they use force like taxes to try to provide a guarantee. But history shows, even this guarantees with force does normally not last long and for sure taking away something with force does not really make people free and happy.

I for my part like, that every individual could join or leave voluntarily. The more the currency is used the more value the currency has.

Theoretically some part of the Universal Dividend could be used to invest in enterprises or property and therefore increase the Universal Dividend year by year, but even with that no one could guarantee something.

2 Likes