Cutecoin 0.7 released

With https://github.com/ucoin-io/cutecoin/releases/download/0.7.3/exe.ubuntu-x86_64-3.4.tar.gz I get those errors.
A link is make towards sources, and there is no directory to write logs.

Ah you have the same bug as cgeek.

Just create the path, it is done after trying to open the log file. It will be fixed in 0.7.4.

Quick fix, on linux :

mkdir -p ~/.config/cutecoin

On windows :

md %APPDATA%\cutecoin

Great It works :smiley:
Thanks inso.

Cutecoin 0.7.4 released

• Multiple display bug fixed
  • Fixed bug when joining a new community
  • Fixed multiple bug when requesting the block 0
  • Fixed a bug when canceling an “add a community” action
  • Fixed the cache for multi-community requesting
  • Fixed a bug with PasswordAskerDialog
  • Fixed network errors when no endpoint could be found

This hotfix needs to the user to clear his cache
On Linux, remove

~/.config/cutecoin/[your uid]/__cache__

On Windows, remove

%APPDATA%\Roaming\cutecoin[your uid]\__cache__

This release is mostly there so that we cgeek can start the next currency, “meta_brouzouf”, without “vucoin”. Cgeek aims at vucoin to disappear.

2 Likes

I’m on Ubuntu 14.04 (Ubuntu-Gnome), and it’s my first installation of cutecoin. I can’t find sodium:

$ sudo apt-get install sodium
Lecture des listes de paquets… Fait
Construction de l’arbre des dépendances
Lecture des informations d’état… Fait
E: Impossible de trouver le paquet sodium

Look at the very fist post of this topic: you have a link to .deb files.

Merci. Mais veuillez excuser mon ignorance :

• Quel paquet libsodium dois-je choisir (en amd64.deb, il y en a 3) ?
  • Une fois le fichier cutecoin-0.7.4.tar.gz décompressé, quel exécutable dois-je lancer ? J’ai essayé :

$ ./setup.py

Mais ça me donne :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./setup.py”, line 7, in
from cx_Freeze import setup, Executable
ImportError: No module named cx_Freeze

Oui, j’ai du faire un patch en urgence hier soir, le lien de téléchargement est donc cassé.

Voici le bon lien : https://github.com/ucoin-io/cutecoin/releases/tag/0.7.4.1

Pour le reste le tuto de cgeek explique tout.

@gerard94 Prenez, si vous êtes en :

Et également prenez bien la dernière version de cutecoin :

Je n’ai pas publié la 32 bits pour cette version pour le moment. Je pourrais le faire si besoin !

@cgeek @Inso Merci. L’application démarre. Maintenant, j’attends le feu vert.

Tu peux déjà suivre ce tutoriel : [Tutorial] Subscribe to the testing currency, sauf la dernière partie (Certification) qui change.

Pour certifier désormais, il suffit d’aller sur l’onglet “Community” puis “Members” et de faire un clic droit sur le nom d’un membre pour le signer.

Tout s’est bien passé pour l’instant. J’ai fait une demande de certification.
Comment savoir si les certifications ont été accordées ? Comment argumenter pour les obtenir (apparemment le processus se déroule en dehors du forum) ?
La première fois que j’ai utilisé mon mot de passe, j’ai demandé à ce qu’il soit mémorisé pour la session, mais on me l’a redemandé when I sent membership demand. Bug or feature?

Almost a feature, le mot de passe n’est sauvegardé que durant la configuration de la communauté…

D’accord. Par la suite, il sera peut-être intéressant de suivre la politique de sudo, avec une durée de validité de l’identification. Mais ça n’a rien d’urgent.
Le tuto est peut-être à corriger du coup.

Cutecoin 0.7.5 released
This release is mostly one to get the better stability possible before on the 0.8.

• Multiple display bug fixed
  • Huge work to have a stable client
  • Network errors are now catched<
  • We can now search for non-members in wot view
  • Added renew membership
  • Community peering : all nodes are traversed to get a good state of the network and broadcast “POST” documents to all nodes

Download link :

A small preview of 0.8 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very nice ! :blush: I suppose it is the “unit box” “UD” at the bottom right, I suggest to put it at the top, with an explication like : “money unit :” or “referencial :”. UD should appear with the money name like UD -mb- (you can put for instance after the box).

I suggest also to put the money unit at any place you have a number, including the fact you can watch it in the “unit box”, I think it is important for most people to have in front of the eyes.

I felt on a hard bug today because of the block :
http://metab.ucoin.io/blockchain/block/2484

A hotfix was made but I won’t have time to create a build today. Maybe tonight. If anyone has the time and the ability to create builds, do not hesitate !
Until then, cutecoin won’t be able to run.
https://github.com/ucoin-io/cutecoin/releases/tag/0.7.6

Builds have been published. You can download them there :