Ğ1 functionning

Hi.
Good to know that Ğ1 is used on its first business, and good/professional ones.

But I have a questions about it, as I’m about to become a member and developing an assistant app.

How to calc what to receive for develop an site? A part in BTC and a part in Ğ1?
And is there Ledger (and other hardware wallets)?

Also, why Ğannonce and ĞChange are without development since 2017?

Also, I suggest a block explorer and a NodeJS version.

Hi Daniel,

welcome to this forum!

First of all, although gannonce is not actively developed (it was developed before gchange existed as a prototype and to have some site to post offers while waiting for gchange to come up), gchange is alive and kicking as you can see here: Ğchange · GitHub

Etrillum has been offering Ğ1 as a payment system for 2 years now. In fact I was its first customer. :slight_smile: Since then, other businesses are also selling fruit and vegetables in Ğ1 as well and a variety of things.

There is a form of block explorer (although a little different than what you are used to) here g1.duniter.fr which also serves as a wallet. You can either use the website for plain wallets but for a member account you should never use it, download and install the standalone version instead (desktop, Android…).

There is a paper wallet here: GitHub - Tortue95/Duniter_Paper_Wallet: Paper Wallet for Duniter cryptocurrency

I’m not sure what you mean by this. We don’t use the totally non-free currency called BTC here. :slight_smile: As for how much 1 Ğ1 is worth, that’s entirely up to you. Come up with a price and see if people are ready to pay you that much for what you are offering - or if they are actually rushing to get your services at that ridiculously low price. :stuck_out_tongue: There is no official exchange rate.

3 Likes

How to calc what to receive for develop an site? A part in BTC and a part in Ğ1?

I mean a idea I’ve heard from a user here: to balance the price of an product/service in G1 and usual currencies.

And is there Ledger (and other hardware wallets)?

Good to know there are a paper wallet. But I mean, is there also a integration (or plans for that) with Ledger and other hardware wallets?

Also, I suggest a block explorer and a NodeJS version.

Before reading your answer I saw a link to a block referenced in a site (so I realized it is a block explorer), and it is a shame that I didn’t accessed other links after my study about the technical specs.
About Duniter net, is there a NodeJS version?

gchange is alive and kicking as you can see here: Ğchange · GitHub

But is there a server to access it on web?
Also, the web version uses NodeJS?

Etrillum has been offering Ğ1 as a payment system for 2 years now
Since then, other businesses are also selling fruit and vegetables in Ğ1 as well and a variety of things.

Could you please tell me a list, and maybe mention its owners/runners?

download and install the standalone version instead (desktop, Android…).

Yes, I’m also working to make Duniter as a default app on the Linux distro I’m developing.
I’ll firstly make it usable on my OS, and then try to become a member, to see how a newbie user will find it useful and intuitive.

As for how much 1 Ğ1 is worth, that’s entirely up to you

Today I had a idea about how to exchange/value G1.
Creating G1P (G1 Placeholder) token on Ethereum, tradeable with G1 in a 1:1 basis and paired with same G1 volume, with an exchange app.

More about this app on a following topic.

Topic about the G1>ETH exchange: Ğ1 paired on Ethereum, with value and tradeable with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies

Just a few short answers:

• Duniter is written in NodeJS, there are currently 2 projects to write the core in Rust (Durs) and Java (Juniter),
  • gchange is accessible here: gchange.fr, is uses Ionic/ES6 as a programming platform (@kimamila - confirm?),
  • there is no official list of restaurants/businesses accepting Ğ1 and this would certainly be something to be developed, which area are you living in?
  • I answered on the other topic about G1P, but there are many other ways to get an idea of how much 1 Ğ1 is worth (just have a look at announcements on gchange, it will already give you an idea, although the interval is quite large).

HTH.

1 Like
  • gchange is available here: gchange.fr , is uses Ionic / ES6 as a programming platform ( @kimamila - confirm?),

It isn’t working: http://web.archive.org/web/20190420222632/https://www.gchange.fr/

• There is no official list of restaurants / businesses accepting and would you be interested?

Yes, interested in this list. Maybe you know well about at least two.

Hmmm there might have been a temporary glitch. Are you going to https://www.gchange.fr ? It does work for me. Can you provide a screenshot?

As for professionals or other services, there are independent workers (like artists or designers) who sell their art on gchange. There are also chiropractic and other doctors who offer their services. There is an AMAP around Toulouse that also sells part of its production. You can also get a cloud instance and pay in Ğ1. You can also have a look at a special place on Cesium which is dedicated to “pages” which can be professional advertising here: https://g1.duniter.fr/#/app/wot/page/lg?last

Frankly, it is difficult to list them all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm there might have been a temporary glitch. Are you going to https://www.gchange.fr ? It does work for me. Can you provide a screenshot?

That’s strange. It works perfectly well for me. Maybe some DNS problem? Do you have anything in your browser’s console? Is your browser JS-compatible (and JS enabled of course, the site is fully javascript).

Probably it is because my Internet is slow

Which I find weird is that even Web Archive saw the same

The interesting part is that web archive does show something for me (even if it’s incomplete, it’s better than what you have, which still points me to some problem with your JS configuration).

Amap stand for

Association de
Maintien d’une
Agriculture
Paysanne

and it can be translated by

Peasant Agriculture Keeping Association .

It consist of a group of citizen from a specific location getting together and engaged a whole year to by the whole vegetable production of a single Peasant. Each citizen get a weekly basket of vegetable, the peasant, get enough money to decently live of his/her work.

I hope I was clear enough ^^

2 Likes