Has Duniter made creating block zero a secret?

And if so, is it to discourage competition?

(11:12:17 AM) vit: folatt: creating a new currency is a special process where you need to
generate manually the block zero. It is not fully documented on purpose. You should start by
participate to the g1-test currency to test your node installation without risk. Then ask for
certifications to be a member in g1-test.

1 Like

It is not a secret, you can open a wiki issue to start document it for instance. You can also propose to pay some Ğ1 to someone who will take part of it’s precious existence time to explain it fully. For instance for a 10 000 Ğ1 offer, I can do it for you.

2 Likes

Even if we did a tutorial to run a new currency, it would be absurd since a currency is not something one can start without effort (because obviously, a currency will be shared with other people, and cant be taken lightly). That’s why a new currency needs technical people, with knowledge in development, system…

All the developers over here are working on Ğ1 currency, we don’t necessary have time to start another currency. That’s why you are on your own, even if we can help a bit, you’ll have to search a lot by yourself !

2 Likes

If you look at the Duniter protocol specifications, it seems pretty clear on how to create a genesis block by looking at the block structure and exemples below it.

2 Likes

I am willing to do that because I am of the opinion that the course cryptocurrencies should take is membership verification via the government, while generation should be based on consensus.
Duniter seems like the perfect springboard for that.
Also, I’m in love with my own cryptocurrency name ‘Guilder de base Europeen’. A bit of double national pride (EU/Netherlands) and it sounds like gold and d’or at the same time.

1 Like

You know what? I’ll take that offer.
Let’s see if I can gather 10k Ğ1.

1 Like