Presentation and new light web client Ğ1nkgo

Hi @kimamila thanks indeed for your comments as usual. I’ll try to take all into account.

About the last one, G1nkgo does not stores the protected accounts private key (only in memory). In this case, the user has to enter the passwords on each session on demand.

I maintain in memory the cesium wallets info here (that are requested when paying, for instance):

The way I detect if is a protected card or not is looking if I had persisted the seed (not in the case of Cesium accounts):

I trying not to compromise the current security of the cesium accounts (and this was one of the reason to not adding this before).

Again, merci! Anyway the new cesium version works great!

1 Like

ok, never mind. I forgot to relaunch the app, during my test.

I have a few more remarks (sorry!):

• In the “balance” tab:
    • The “menu” button doesn’t open the menu but reveals the balance (even though there’s already a button for that). It’s inconvenient for switching accounts, I think.
    • Transactions from payments to multiple recipients don’t display the correct amount (the one to our account) or the correct recipient (probably the first one). See payments received from “Remuniter”.
    • If I make a payment (for example, 100 G1), the transaction appears correctly, but the balance hasn’t been updated (by -100€).
    • By the way, do you make sure that GVA doesn’t send you the same TX sources (already consumed, for example in my 100 G1 send) for the next payment? Is there a way to tell GVA to exclude certain TX sources? I feel like GVA doesn’t consider pending payments: can you confirm? Maybe you also don’t switch nodes regularly, which could explain these issues?
      If GVA uses the same sources for consecutive payments, then only the first payment can work: you’d have to wait for the 1st TX to be written so that the next TX generated by GVA is correct. Do you get what I mean?

Thanks to you, indirectly: it’s very motivating for me to work in a creative and active group. It challenges me (in a good way, I believe) and gives me or rekindles ideas! :slight_smile:

Once again: you’re doing a great job!

2 Likes

It’s really hard for me to grasp this !
Can you tell me more ?
And where do you prefer to store your private key ?

In my mind ?

Unfortunately, that’s what @betov did too (see J'ai déconnecté mon compte - #23 by betov)
And that’s why there is a tool called Gsper!

I wouldn’t trust my mind to remember my keys, there are better and simpler ways and I think local storage + pass keys is one of them :grinning:

Thanks a lot for your effort, bur there is nothing Gsper could do for me… the only point where I could have made an error is when creating my password (simple US chars, no uppercase, no strength char, only flat regular chars This password is only 8 chars long. I have tried to replace each char by the next one on the keyboard… nope. I can see the movements on my count and receive Junes and all, but can do no transfer
Something else: Why when trying to download the sources with:
git clone git@git.duniter.org:clients/cesium-grp/cesium.git
ii get a permission denied ? I suppose there is a validation to contributors for evident security purpose…
How to… unlock me, please…

Considering that nothing is impossible, let us say that i am unable to memorize height regular chars that i use since 1981. Now i have the public key and the identity which allow me to see my Junes. Is it completely impossible to reverse-run the algo that created the public key from the identity and the password in order to verify the password (height char that i believe i perfectly know)… no way?

Via SSH, it won’t let you clone since you are no member of this group. Instead you can use http protocol to clone.

Thanks. No idea what “http protocol” you mean. How to clone a “myfile.xpi” by http ?

All i know of programming is assembly programming. I am a complete nobody with html, HLL, VHLL… For now I fail to point out any Cesium.xpi… or such, here. I have scan all .xpi on board and none is Cesium, as far I can tell. If I can find where the binary is located on my PC, I think that i can get out of the difficulty, by changing a conditional jump to an unconditional one, in any hexa editor.

Of course, i am perfectly aware that this would be dangerous for the Junes system security and I understand the necessary walls. For now, i have a feeling that the .xpi I am searching is not in the “profil” section of firefox MT linux section, but hidden somewhere else… A good thing if true, by the way.

Thanks @kimamila for your comments.

The lib I use don’t allow more customizations. I have to find a UI alternative.

You are right. I use the GVA returned balance and the calculation depends from one node to other (In the past I calculated this via BMA queries and calculations).

The gva pay call is quite simple:

Looking in a /gva/playground:

I’m not sure if we can do it better from the client side.

And g1nkgo choose aleatory from the synced and reachable nodes, so maybe sometimes the same node was selected during fast payments:

PS: BTW Merci merci beaucoup for your donations :blush:

Hello,

Sur https://g1nkgo.comunes.org depuis 2/3 jours (pour moi), l’import du fichier .json ne fonctionne plus !

Navigateur : firefox 116.0.3 sur Fedora 38 ainsi que Vivaldi 6.1.3035.302 (tous les deux à jour bien sûr)
Par acquis de conscience, j’ai testé en créant un profil neuf de Firefox et pareil.

J’ai aussi testé aussi avec un nouveau histoire de voir, idem

Je n’ai pas essayé sur tel au cas où, je pensais en montrer le fonctionnement samedi prochain.

Info :
Import from clipboard idem

But, Import from public key renvoi : Wallet already imported

Quelqu’un a le même souci ?

Hello,

On https://g1nkgo.comunes.org, since 2/3 days (for me), the import of the .json file doesn’t work anymore !

Browser: Firefox 116.0.3 on Fedora 38 and Vivaldi 6.1.3035.302 (both up to date, of course).
As a matter of conscience, I tested it by creating a new Firefox profile, and it worked just the same.

I also tested with a new one, just to see.

I didn’t try it on a tel just in case, but I thought I’d show you how it works next Saturday.

Info : idem
Import from clipboard idem

But, Import from public key returns : Wallet already imported

Does anyone have the same problem?

Translated with www.DeepL.

It’s working in my side…
Do you get a specific error message ?
Can you post a video of what’s happening ?

We agree, on the PC browser? Not on the phone app?

No, nothing, no error message.
On the contrary, it scores as usual:
Correctly imported portfolio

I took the opportunity to show that “Correctly imported portfolio” with the dark theme looks bad (white on white).

Public test key : HuP7TcwN

https://runtube.re/w/nJzB4M5GagEUNtokXjVEai

So it would come from my side, but I don’t see it.
Having tried it on a new profile including Mint

Alors, j’ai trouvé !
Il faut aller dans le menu hamburger en haut à gauche et cliquer sur la clé.

Désolé, avant ça arrivait direct donc je n’avais pas pensé à aller voir ici.

So, I found it!
Go to the hamburger menu at the top left and click on the key.

Sorry, it used to come right up so I didn’t think to check here.

Peek 29-08-2023 11-40

During my last tests, G1nkgo 0.2.5-SNAPSHOT doesn’t get anymore comment from payment QRcode

For exemple :

QmYzW9jqTHcnXnB7Kvt2dVii9UosBxh6Huzb3FgZhsSQhv

which is of that kind june://DESTINATIONPUBKEY?comment=PREFIX:COMMENT
Is it because amount is needed ?

NB: This QRCode is produced and used by “G1 VOD Service” i am working on. So shown wallet monitors receiving payments with such comment then operate an action based on it. In this case (PREFIX=N1Kodi) it send back through Cesium+ messaging a link to watch a video.

For some reason, I didn’t receive notifications from this forum or DMs so I didn’t read any of the last messages.

It’s late now, but I’ll try to reply ASAP. Thanks for the feedback.

Probably, yes. I have to do some more tests and add an additional regexp to allow this url I think. I’ll do.

I’ve just published Ğ1nkgo version 1.0.0.

This release includes multiple wallet support and Cesium password protected wallet support (see left up menu icon to open the drawer). Some screenshots:

Imagen 1

Imagen 2

For a huge list of enhancements, fixes and credits, read this.

Know bug: We have some duplication of notifications with new multi card processing (I couldn’t fix it yet).

The Ğ1nkgo 1.0.0 apk.

3 Likes

Bonjour,
est-ce qu’une version de G1nkgo pour iOS est-elle prévue ?
Amicalement :slight_smile:

G1nkgo sur Samsung S3 et replicant 6 crashe au démarrage, de la même manière que gecko… (@poka ) .
Étonnant tout ça…!