Rendre plus facile le changement de langue / Make language change more accessible

Bonjour,
Un anglophone avait des soucis pour trouver où changer la langue du Forum, c’est hyper compliqué pour quelqu’un qui ne parle pas français, au moins 4 clics avant d’accéder au changement dans langue dans les paramètre, donc quasi impossible à trouver pour lui!
Possible de rendre ça plus accessible dans le menu en haut du Forum ??
Sophie

2 Likes

This mean we have to develop a custom Discourse plugin for that (display countries flags on header menu).

Maybe we could try something with just Custom Header Links component, but i don’t think so because we can’t switch lang by URL.

1 Like

Ha bummer…
That would be great if you guys want to reach the English Speaking community of developers though. Otherwise they might not feel welcome to contribute

1 Like

An idea for a temporary solution until something better gets developed:
Create a link in the top menu that leads to a page that explains how to change the language and on which French words to click… with screenshots. That’s a little lame but still helpful for English speakers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@poka don’t you think it’s time for an english forum?

I know we already manage the french forums and a spanish one, but given the current enthusiasm of the english-speaking community and the fact we aim for web3 foundation fundings, I think we should consider starting one. Hopefully the community will be strong enough in a year or two to take it on its own.

Also that would be a great tool to organise the translation process.

1 Like

I’m ok about the idea, but are we talking about community forum or tech forum ?

For community, if english speakers want to animated this new english forum, i can start it with pleasure.
For tech, we cannot have 2 forums, we need to concentrate energy on 1 tool.

I think it was a mistake to have two forums. We should have had only one but with a “tech” mother category where only a group is allow to publish but in which anyone can read. So only one forum per langage I would say.

1 Like

That’s such a great idea to merge Tech and Community forums!!!

1 Like