The RML17, 17th meeting of monnaie libre developers, will take place from 12 - 16 June 2023 in Castets (France).
Details were given in french about the FISH (RML17 juin 2023 (partie technique) -- lieu : le FISH) along with a draft of program.
There is a thread for pure organization subjects (presence, travel, hosting preferences…) : RML17 developers organization
I’ll detail the program later in a dedicated topic, but I wanted to collect suggestions of presentations and workshops to build the program.
We prioritize in-place participation, but remote suggestion are also welcome, we will think about how to combine these well. Below are the details expected to submit a topic.
These are short talks about a given software (existing or proof of concept) followed by discussion. They will be recorded and published to serve as a basis for other contributors and popularization.
They can be presented in your mother tongue (Spanish, French…) with an interpreter or in English.
- presentation (30 min – 40 min)
- quick presentation of main dev
- place in the technical ecosystem (API used and exposed)
- targeted public (machine, user interface, kind of people)
- development strategy (short/long term, voluntary, contributions…)
- features (implemented and planned)
- use cases
- discussion (10 min – 50 min)
- clarification questions
- user feedback
Workshops provide a flexible setting to work on a specific aspect of the project. All formats are possible :
- peercoding together behind a screen
- pre-written tutorial with one person per machine
- free implementation with a list of issue to address (testing, feature, bug…)
- mutual aid, exchanges, mini-talks (installing dev environment, debugging…)
Don’t hesitate to suggest a workshop even if you are not present, think of it as group tutorials or seminars.
I think in particular about :
- @vjrj, do you want to present Ǧinkgo? Do you think you will be there?
- @atlasan, do you want to organize a workshop about improvements on v1 ecosystem?
- @davidbp845, do you want to hold a workshop about cucumber tests?
- @arbocenc, do you want to present weblate applied to Duniter ecosystem software?
- @kapis, do you want to present superbot or suggest a workshop to add a feature to it?
but it is not an exhaustive list, other contributors feel free to suggest anything! If we have too many things to address, we will make some choice together, but it’s not the case yet ^^