Writing Cucumber Scenarios for the Duniter V2

Hi! In the RML16 event, I think Elois mentioned that writing scenarios would be a way to help the development of the duniter v2. Is this still needed?
If so, I’m reading the Cucumber Rust Book and also the Rust Programming Language book and my goal is to spend at least 2 weekly hours helping in this matter. I could also help improving documentation and things like that.

If you guys think this would be helpful, please feel free to assign tasks to me.

Best regards,
David

3 Likes

Hello!

Yes, we still don’t have cucumber tests for all the WoT features. You can search for the related issues with the cucumber keyword.

There are docs in the docs directory, and if needed you can ask @elois , @HugoTrentesaux or me for help (or the wallet developers who know the extrinsics/calls/storage from the outside).

2 Likes

Yes, any help is welcome, contact @HugoTrentesaux because he is also working on adding cucumber scenarios

1 Like

Could you successfully run the tests according to the documentation ? end2end-tests · master · nodes / rust / Duniter v2S · GitLab

Try to modify existing tests to get used to it and after that, we can schedule a visio to develop new ones :wink:

1 Like

ok! I’ll try to run the tests and modify existing one first, thanks!

1 Like

Hi all! I think I might be ready to start writing the wot scenarios (issue number 15 Write WoT scenarios for cucumber tests (#15) · Issues · nodes / rust / Duniter v2S · GitLab).
I just created a branch david-wot-scenarios-cucumber.
I think I should call all wot features with a wot prefix so that they can be filtered when run with the command cargo cucumber -i wot*. Do you think is a good idea?
I have already found one escenario which uses the wot genesis file (@genesis.wot), it’s called certification.feature, for the moment I will not add the wot prefix to this scenario because functionally speaking it’s not implementing wot requirements like distance rules and so. If you guys consider this test should also be prefixed, just let me know
For the moment I wil just write the scenario with the Gherkin language, because I’d like you guys to review it before, and then I will try to write the rust code.
I’ll try to write the wot functional tests according to the duniter v1 whitepaper (https://g1don.fr/whitepaper.pdf), taking into account the functionality that will be kept as is. Then, maybe write the tests that are new to duniter v2

I hope I’ll be able to help. Any comment or suggestion just let me know

4 Likes

I think so.

2 Likes

Do you want to keep working on this branch?

Hi Hugo, indeed I would like but I think I might lack some knowledge about the actual functionality of Duniter v2. I realized I know v1 functionality because I read the duniter whitepaper and some more documentation. But I’m not sure about v2 since there is no writen documentation. And also because I’m learning a little slowly.
If it’s ok, I’ll try to keep working on it, if it’s better that someone else continues the work then it’s ok with me. I only want whatever is better for the project.

1 Like