Catalan translation for Cesium

Hi, I’d like to translate Cesium to Catalan. Could you validate my account request to your gitlab repository? My user is “calbasi” :wink:

Account approved!

2 Likes

It seems I’ve already have an account (arbocenc) :-/

Well, nevermind, I’ve done the Catalan localization merge request:

Could you merge it?

I am not Cesium maintainer. You should check with @kimamila.

2 Likes

Great ! Thank you for this translation !

Before i merge it, can you create a small language flag ? Like this files (filename flag-*.png)

Sure! I’m going to add the attached image to my merge request. And I’ll do some additional work on strings… flag-ca

1 Like

Ready! I’ve added 2 little fixes to the Spanish translation (cc @kapis )

ping @kimamila

1 Like

That is awesome! Thanks @arbocenc .

Bonjours,

Je veux aider @arbocenc à traduire Cesium

My user is fgalig1

Could you accept my merge request?

1 Like

Hello @arbocenc and @kapis !

Cataln language has been had to Cesium v1.7.0-rc1 (beta version).
You can test the web/zip file.

Please tell me if everything is fine.

1 Like

Hi @kimamila , I’m trying to fork the repo again, to get an updated version of the repo, but gitlab fork process fails. Any idea about why is this happening?

I’ve tried it from my other account, but merge request fired a pipeline error. Not sure if it’s a serious error or not:

Might be because you reached the number of project limit. @Moul, time to debug that?

The pipeline has to be fixed. We are missing people to take care of the pipelines.

Hi @kimamila ,

There is an error. I think at some point a commit change /www/i18n/locale-ca.json for /www/i18n/locale-es-CT.json

Well, es-CT don’t exist (or is a Latin American variant of Spanish language). Just check any of the linux distros, wikipedia, etc. Catalan language code is ca, not es.

There are some variants, but we don’t need to use them:

ca-ES (Spanish variant)
ca-FR (French variant)
ca-AN (Andorran variant)
ca-IT (Alguerese variant)

What could be the problem if you use a yourself created language code for Catalan? For example, when the mobile or the browser selects, by default, the user variant, it doesn’t find any, because browsers, Android, etc use the internationally accepted language code, “ca”.

I’m working on it reversing this change and adding some new translated strings, :wink: It would be a pity if the new 1.7 version can not use the Catalan internationalization.

I’ve tried to solve it in my new merge request:

1 Like

Thanks a lot.
So did you try to launch Cesium on a web browser, configured to use catalan ? (Cesium should auto detect catalan). Please make sure to reset you local storage before testing.

I’m sorry, I don’t understand you well. Are you talking about launching the actual 1.6 version or the new DEV version (mine, with the Catalan stuff, yours, the upstream repo??).