Presentation and new light web client Ğ1nkgo

Sorry, it was enabled only in development. Please download again from the above link and retry.

Impossible de faire un paiement, le bouton envoyer reste désactivé, quel que soit le mode activé.

Unable to make a payment, the send button remains disabled, regardless of the mode activated.

Fill the receiver (green button)

En effet.
En fait, c’est parce que je suis passé par la page contact et “envoyer des ğ1”. Jusque-là cela fonctionnait très bien, je n’avais pas vu que cela ne fonctionnait plus.

Le payement en DUğ1 fonctionne bien

That’s right.
In fact, it’s because I went through the contact page and “send ğ1”. Up until then it had been working fine, I hadn’t seen that it wasn’t working any more.

Payment in DUğ1 works fine

Hi, I’ve just uploaded a development version of ginkgo that allows offline payments. It’s something I had in mind to do while I was developing the pending and failed payments. For now, it only records offline payments, and then when the internet is restored, you can retry the payment manually. Later I will try to make it more automatic, although the nodes don’t allow you to make very frequent payments, right now, so it’s going to cost me a bit. If we see that this version works reasonably well and we don’t detect any big issue, I will publish it as stable. The package is still at Private Seafile and the web as usual https://g1nkgo.comunes.org

Somo screenshots (in Spanish, sorry):

Bonus: This development version also includes public key checksums

7 Likes

Hi @vjrj i would like to try g1nkgo on web and i’ve seen a docker-compose. I’ve tryed it but the docker image is’nt up to date. Could you add this to your CI ?
I’ve added an issue for this : g1nkgo from docker comunes/g1nkgo:latest isn't latest (#49) · Issues · vjrj / ginkgo · GitLab

I just pushed to docker hub a new version updating the URLs:

• I didn’t tested myself (this version)
  • the duniter part is probably right now not needed

You can do a deployment more easy

PS: I develop g1nkgo in my spare time, so let me find time to comment or fix the issues

5 Likes

I’ve just published 0.2.0 version of G1nkgo that includes (mainly):

• DU/G1 currency selection
  • Pending, failed and retry payments
  • Offline payments
  • Added checksum to public keys :XXX

and many other small enhancements and fixes.

https://git.duniter.org/vjrj/ginkgo/uploads/ea38a4dfd806a23a76f5aaa5e5db24a4/ginkgo-0.2.0.apk

For a full (and big) list:

3 Likes

I just released version 0.2.1 of G1nkgo which includes:

• Wallet names through Cesium Plus profiles (a ❥ is added to the end of the names to make it different from the name of your cesium or superbot wallet to avoid confusion)

photo_2023-06-27_21-21-39

More details of the fixes and improvements in:

3 Likes

I have just published version 0.2.2 of G1nkgo that fixes the QR scanning of public keys and the new checksums in Payments and the editing of contacts with improvements (now you can share the qr of contacts more easily). . https://git.duniter.org/vjrj/ginkgo/uploads/486a416040dda82cd36fc00521be2a72/ginkgo-0.2.2.apk

I recommend its installation.

More info: 0.2.2 · vjrj / ginkgo · GitLab

4 Likes

The app is so cool. I just love it so much.
It’s the best onboarding tool ever. People around me love it too. And it’s getting better and better.
I’ll try to submit some bugs after intensive testing…
You’re doing a great job ! And very fast shipping as well. Congrats :tada::clap:

2 Likes

Thanks indeed for your message @flodef . I don’t have (and I don’t want to have) any metric of usage of G1nkgo so this kind de messages are really appreciated.

1 Like

Merci pour cette application. Vraiment très simple à utiliser pour un débutant.

Petit souci parfois lors du payement, il faut repasser par le solde pour qu’il soit mis à jour.

Et, tout à coup, le solde s’affiche en DU, et du coup le payement semble compter en DUğ1 l’alors qu’il affiche Ğ1 non modifiable. Il faut alors passer par le mode expert pour préciser Ğ1 ou DUğ1.

Je pense que ce passage de Ğ1 à DUğ1 ne devrait pas être réservé aux experts.

J’ai voulu scanner un QR-code avec un montant, que j’imaginait afficher en Ğ1, alors que moi, j’étais configuré en DUğ1. Il n’y a pas eu de traduction de l’un vers l’autre.

Thank you for this application. Really easy to use for a beginner.

Sometimes when you pay, you have to go back to the balance to update it.

Suddenly, the balance is displayed in DU, and so the payment seems to count in DUğ1 l whereas it displays Ğ1 which cannot be modified. You then have to go to expert mode to specify Ğ1 or DUğ1.

I don’t think this switch from Ğ1 to DUğ1 should be reserved for experts.

I wanted to scan a QR-code with an amount, which I imagined would be displayed in Ğ1, whereas I was configured in DUğ1. There was no translation from one to the other.

1 Like

I just published version 0.2.3 of Ğ1nkgo that includes:

• Fix for amount correct qr scanning
  • Fix for search of public keys with checksums (thanks Sandrisha for the feedback)
  • Add of contacts directly in Contacts (thx @SergeUme for the feedback)
  • Search duniter/cesium+ users also from Contacts
  • better june:// urls processing (thanks to FredMadeInZion for the feedback)
  • association of june:// to g1nkgo in Android
  • experimental write and read of NFC labels (using NFC tags for now)

https://git.duniter.org/vjrj/ginkgo/uploads/0e8179c01cc64d7ac40cafe1f09f453b/ginkgo-0.2.3.apk

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your nice answers and already fixing so many bugs…
If you got time, I would like to call you to chat about a project I have with g1nkgo. I think it could be fun :blush:

1 Like

Perfect!

Fun fact : I just realised that Ginkgo means “Bank” in Japanese :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I didn’t read this message :smiley:

I’ve just published the 0.2.4 version of G1nkgo.

It includes many bug fixes and enhancements and I recommend to install it. It includes among others: better nodes auto-update, offline payments issue fixed, VPN support, more import/export options.

More info:

Special thanks to @flodef and @bytes4life for their first contributions!

https://git.duniter.org/vjrj/ginkgo/uploads/cecfcbc79c758414425e874c94bb4d95/ginkgo-0.2.4.apk

7 Likes

Dear all, I’ve just published a development version of Ğ1nkgo that includes support to multi-accounts (that includes passwords protected Cesium accounts).

Since the beginning Ğ1nkgo was designed to provide this kind of features, but it was not totally programmed or tested, and I wanted to focus into newbies users (without any type of wallet).

You can test this version here Private Seafile

I don’t have more time this weekend to test of improve it more, but you can try it. Please do a backup of your wallet before testing if you don’t have one.

Some screenshots:

PS: This version also solves some issues and adds some new small features (like qr scan button in payments, DU selector only in Info tab).

3 Likes