Proposition for changing the distance rule

Before I switch to v0.2 development (uCoin versions based on protocol v0.2), I will make a recapitulative post on the Wiki about the Web Of Trust rules.

Probably next week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just stumbled upon an really interesting article about a new calculation from facebook data of the median of the current degrees of separation, between all Facebook users and they came up with an really interesting number of 3.57 degrees:

So, once a ucoin based currency will get beyond a critical mass, the degrees of separation might lower down to 3, enabling a weboftrust mechanism to reach with the parameter of 3 almost all people.

ā€œDistanceā€ between social network members donā€™t mean distance between people who agree to give a certificate to other people for sharing a free money, with time limits for both people, and certificates.

It is another definition of distance, and so the ā€œmedian number of stepsā€ will not be the same.

More : the ā€œmedianā€ is not, for sure, a correct concept to develop. The caracteristics of the WoT(t) and the variation Wot(t+dt) - Wot(t) have local, global and time dimensions, more complex to analyse to understand what is correct to do and what is not.

2 Likes